The Calgary Police Half Marathon (CPHM) provides a scenic course through beautiful southwest neighbourhoods and pathways around the Weaslehead Flats, South Glenmore Park and over the Glenmore Reservoir. The CPHM is an open course. Racers must be aware of vehicle traffic, cyclists and pedestrians throughout the course. Calgary Police Service officers will be controlling traffic at major intersections. There are no water stations on the course.
Check out the course map to see slight changes from last year’s route as we continue to adapt to construction and flood mitigation efforts. Note that the start and finish location has also been adjusted to the southeast of the MRU Recreation Centre:
- All events, the Half Marathon, 10 km and 5 km will leave Mount Royal University and run along Mount Royal Gate, continuing on 50th Avenue S.W., then running south on 21 Street S.W.
- The 5 km route will turn around near Lenton Place S.W. and head back to the University.
- The Half Marathon and 10 km will continue south on 21 Street S.W., zigzagging through the community over to the pathway on the south side of Glenmore Trail S.W., via the open-air pedestrian overpass.
- The 10K will go through the community of Lakeview until the turnaround point on 66 Avenue S.W., near Legare Drive S.W., and then head back to the Mount Royal University.
- The Half Marathon will continue past the 10 km turnaround point along the pathway and will then run counter-clockwise around the Glenmore Reservoir and back to the University.
- EMS and St John’s Ambulance will be along the route.
- Headphones are permitted, but for safety it is recommended only one earbud be used.